Hello and welcome to my blog, Author Interviews. My name is Fiona Mcvie.
Let’s get you introduced to everyone, shall we? Tell us your name. What is your age?
Hi there! I’m Steven Georgiou and I’m 30 years old.
Fiona: Where are you from?
I am from London UK, originally from Cyprus.
Fiona: A little about your self (ie, your education, family life, etc.).
– I am a university drop out, and live with my family still.
Fiona: Tell us your latest news.
– I recently published my first ever novel.
Fiona: When and why did you begin writing?
– I began writing exactly in September 2017. I realised it was something I wanted to do for a while.
Fiona: What inspired you to write your first book?
– I was going through a tough time with my web business, and I decided I wanted to write a book for a while, so through adversity I soldiered on!
Fiona: How did you come up with the title?
– Instantly. The Coyote was always the name in my mind.
Fiona: Do you have a specific writing style? Is there anything about your style or genre that you find particularly challenging?
– I like to jump back and forth with past in present. In part one I half explained the backstory of one character whilst introducing another. The most challenging thing I find is giving so much attention to so many different characters at once.
Fiona: How much of the book is realistic and are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?
– The book is completely fictional and about talking animals in a desert! It’s based on my life in the sense of risk taking and understanding that we are all born perfect. However through life and circumstances, we sometimes lose our way and forget who we really are.
Fiona: To craft your works, do you have to travel? Before or during the process?
– I’ve been lucky enough to travel all my life. In fact last year I was on a Mediterranean cruise and visited several islands. It was upon that trip I decided to finally write my book.
Fiona: Who designed the covers?
– I drew a few sketches and hired a professional illustrator to bring it to life.
Fiona: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
– Absolutely. You can accomplish almost anything if you picture it clearly in your mind.
Fiona: Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Who is your favorite writer, and what is it about their work that really strikes you?
– The alchemist by Paolo Coelho was a huge influence behind the coyote. I wanted to leave a book behind that will inspire someone to follow their dreams too.
Fiona: Outside of family members, name one entity that supported your commitment to become a published author.
– Nobody! I kept it private and did it all myself.
Fiona: Do you see writing as a career?
– I’d love to as I closed my business and run a small investment business on the side. But if I could write stories every year I’d absolutely would.
Fiona: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
– Nothing at all.
Fiona: Did you learn anything during the writing of your recent book?
– I learn that with passion, perseverance and above all motivation us humans can do so much.
Fiona: If your book was made into a film, who would you like to play the lead?
– I’d like Michael Cera to voice Raki the Coyote! Ha!
Fiona: Any advice for other writers?
– Write every single day. Even one page. But be warned, editing and proofreading is the worst part, at least that’s what I found.
Fiona: Anything specific you want to tell your readers?
– I hope that the book inspires you.
Fiona: What book are you reading now?
– Treasure Island.
Fiona: Do you remember the first book you read?
Fiona: What makes you laugh/cry?
– Laugh = stupid jokes. Cry = being let down or lied to.
Fiona: Is there one person, past or present, you would love to meet? Why?
– Walt Disney, he is my inspiration.
Fiona: Do you have any hobbies?
– I love soccer and reading!
Fiona: What TV shows/films do you enjoy watching?
– I don’t watch much tv, but I like most films minus horror.
Fiona: Favorite foods, colors, music?
– Greek food obviously, colour blue, music I listen to it all!
Fiona: Imagine a future where you no longer write. What would you do?
– Property investment.
Fiona: What do you want written on your head stone?
– Great question. “Steven did whatever he wanted, and wants you to do the same”
Fiona: Do you have a blog or website readers can visit for updates, events and special offers?
– Visit our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/thecoyotebook/